Sunday, July 22, 2018

Trier take two

You may remember that I took the family to Trier one day last year. (If you missed that post, you can read it here: https://onegreendoggy.blogspot.com/2017/11/trier-germany-and-some-other-stuff.html)

I remember that day was pretty drizzly out. Trier had been decorated for Christmas, and that was adorable, but what a difference sunshine and blue sky can make! Also, not to pound this into the ground too much, but what a difference traveling with just the two of us made! When the family went there last year, we didn't go up Porta Nigra, we didn't go in the church, and we barely made it to the amphitheatre. I was still so happy to have gone! But this time, we went up Porta Nigra, we went into the church (the part that was open), we went shopping, we ate, we went to the Roman baths, and we went to the amphitheatre! Incredible! And to top it off, I parked out of the main area for free. We had to walk a bit, but I didn't have to squeeze the van into a tiny old garage and get stressed about scraping it. And I didn't have to pay €20 for parking! Win win!

Going home from Trier was easy enough because as I mentioned earlier, Michelle and I still had another special day together. It was going to be great!

Porta Nigra
Detail inside Porta Nigra
Michelle inside Porta Nigra.  I'm missing her now. 
View of Porta Nigra from inside Porta Nigra
St. Peter's Cathedral of Trier
Pipes!
Detail inside cathedral
Wow.
Egyptian Geese near the Roman baths.  Neat!
Hallway inside the Roman baths
View of Roman baths with picture of them in the 15th century
Roman amphitheatre

2 comments:

  1. I bet it's a piece of cake traveling with just two adults! Haha. Traveling with kids is a "trip", traveling without kids is a "vacation".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Traveling with kids is absolute work! Doesn't mean it isn't enjoyable, but it certainly isn't easy!

      Delete