Tuesday, July 17, 2018

Paris day 2

Livvy at Luxembourg Gardens
Even though we didn't get to sleep until after midnight, we all woke up very early. Our room was just too darn hot to sleep in. There was no air flow whatsoever. It was a pretty awful night for all of us. We were on the fifth floor and there was a lot of work going on outside in the morning. So we went to the hotel breakfast, which was a joke because there was no cheese or fruit. At least the coffee was good though!

That morning, we walked to Luxembourg Gardens and then took the train to Sacre Coeur and did a little bit of sightseeing. It was surprising to me how far spread out Paris was. Even with Michelle's knowledge and experience, it took a long time to get anywhere. But Sacre Coeur was, of course, amazing.

We had lunch after that at a mediocre restaurant. David had beef bourgignon for the first time and enjoyed it. I had quiche that was pretty decent. But Michelle's chicken was unexciting, and we sat for 20 minutes waiting for water on a hot Parisian day. I did a Google review of the restaurant and got a snarky response back. But I wasn't in the least bit impressed. They even served my brie cold. How dare they?!

Afterwards, we brought the kids back to the hotel for a rest. Then we took a very nice boat ride on the Seine for an hour. It was a great recommendation by Michelle, and I recommend it too. It allowed us to see some things that we otherwise didn't get to see. It was also easy for everyone and a bit cooler on the water.

We had another very hot night ahead of us, and not in a good way! Alex noticed some heat lightning and pretended to be scared of it. That made Griffin genuinely afraid of the lightning. So then Griffin wanted to sleep with me, but it was Alex's turn this time, so. So I ended up letting all four kids sleep in my bed. That was fun for me!

Since nobody would really sleep very well, we had agreed to leave Paris early, even though we could have stayed for part of the day and visited the Louvre. Not seeing it was my one disappointment, but maybe I'll get to go back someday without the kids (or with bigger kids). And I certainly enjoyed what I did get to see, and I enjoyed being in Paris with my sister and my family. It was a really good trip; money well spent. Simply walking around lets you see so many things worth looking at, pretty much anywhere you go.  Paris is a must-see city for anyone at all interested in traveling. 

Archangel Michael defeating Satan
Sacre Coeur with the GoPro




Le Panorama: Where a sweet French-speaking customer told Michelle that she is the beautiful aunt,
and that our kids are the kids of a king's choice--two boys and two girls.  (Right on both accounts!)
On Pont Neuf
Handsome man enjoying a somewhat breezy boat ride
Eiffel Tower from the boat ride on the River Seine
I'm pretty sure I got less than 2 hours of sleep on this crowded bed.
I love these kids, loved this trip to Paris, and would do it all over again if I could.

6 comments:

  1. To bad your food experiences weren’t great (& it was so hot) - have to admit you had me laughing though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was really a great trip. I enjoyed myself so much! But if I go back again, it will not be in the summer (I hope!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you fit a lot in in 2 days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We did! Couldn't have done it without my sister being our tour guide!

      Delete
  4. I wish I could have shown you more of Paris but I'm happy to havr had the opportunity to share some of it with you!

    ReplyDelete