Sunday, July 22, 2018

Strasbourg, France

In Strasbourg, we kept walking into churches.  It was so wonderful, because churches are my favorite (you know that already), and I never feel good about walking into the smaller ones when I have all four kids with me.  I didn't have to shush Michelle once!

We took the train from Colmar to Strasbourg, which was easy enough, but not quite as cheap as we had hoped.  Still good value, though, especially since we were leaving the van at the AirBnB in Colmar for free and wouldn't have to pay for parking (or have that stress--always on my mind!).

If my memory serves, along with having location turned on from my phone, here is where we went:

* Eglise Catholique St Pierre Le Vieux
* Strasbourg Cathedral
* Eglise St Thomas
* Eglise St Louise
* Petite France

It was such a nice little walking tour!  If you only take an afternoon in Strasbourg, and you're on your feet, I highly recommend this path.  It was great.  The only thing I would add to it would be the Museum of Alsace.  David and I had done it our first trip there, and it was pretty cute.

Mostly pictures today.  I am so far behind on posts because we just did SO MUCH while Michelle was here! Have I mentioned yet that I miss her!?!

Our little walking tour

Eglise St Pierre
Detail

Strasbourg Cathedral
Strasbourg Cathedral
Strasbourg Cathedral

Strasbourg Cathedral
Stained glass from Strasbourg Cathedral
Detail from above window.  I would like to understand this image!
Not a very good picture, and I don't understand the "t-shirt", but this is from St. Thomas
Eglise St Louise
Eglise St Louise
Eglise St Louise
Petite France

3 comments:

  1. I can’t get over the pictures you’re posting of the river(s) - so charming!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they adorable? And seeing them with the full flower baskets makes them even prettier!

      Delete