Thursday, February 22, 2018

A little update and Cologne (Köln)

Alex's surgery went so well. I know it didn't have to and I thank God that it did. He suffered with severe pain directly upon waking, but that was it. After that, he was eating pizza and I was cautioning him not to run and jump so much. He was back to school in time for the Valentine's Day party.

I am exhausted. Not having Lilly sleep by herself has been devastating to my sleep. I got word about my household goods. Repair to the crib was authorized, and it may even happen quickly. Getting Lilly to sleep by herself is going to be a nightmare, but a necessary one. The poor girl doesn't know what's ahead for her.

As far as the rest of the household goods, I don't want to talk about it. I got their response, and I am fuming mad about it. I'm not giving up yet, though, so there's no reason to spend too much time dwelling on it right now.

I did get some good news recently. I thought I was going to be on travel for two weeks in April, but I found out that I will be here. Yay! I might have long work days, but at least I'll be local. This week I am supporting something I enjoy locally, and the week after, travel. It's all working out, though. I wanted to go to Munich this weekend, but Munich is going to be cold and rainy, so we might go to Strasbourg instead. Dave and I visited there once, before I had my digital Canon camera. It would be great to go again!

...We're in a great hotel in Cologne, actually. Beautiful city! Strasbourg had a big wine festival going on and David and I both wanted to avoid a crowd. Our hotel is right across from the cathedral, so I got some great pictures. It was a beautiful day. And guess what else we did? We visited the Lindt chocolate museum. That was fun and it smelled so good. I have thoroughly enjoyed myself today. I'm hoping for the same tomorrow, although I haven't decided for sure what we'll do.

... All right. I thought we might go to the zoo today, but the three big kids actually voted against it. They were tired and cold. You want to know what they did today, though? They all three climbed up and down the 533 steps of the church tower! I couldn't believe it! They got a little nervous near the top where the stairs had an open bottom, but they did it, and they did it well. I was quite impressed with them.

We started back after I zoomed through the sanctuary. I ended up with quite the unexpected and sudden migraine, so fortunately, David is driving us home, and gave me a moment to rest with my coat over my eyes. Our friend Ken borrowed "The Call of the Wild" on CD for us. I'm pleasantly surprised, because David seems to be enjoying it.

Pictures!

Stained glass is always one of my favorites
This is the Church of Great St Martin
Hohe Domkirche Sankt Petrus
A sign read: In the wooden reliquary on the right side lies the great memory of Rychez, the granddaughter of Emperor Otto II and Teofania, the Queen of Poland, the wife of the Polish King, Mieszko II, and the network of Casimir the Restorer. Born about 1000. Died 21 March 1063 (translated by Google translate from Polish) 
Aztec exhibition in Lindt chocolate factory

Looking at the bunnies
Along for the ride

Proud kids at the very top of the cathedral! (Tired, too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment