Sunday, June 4, 2017

Less than a month!

I got my orders, and this month there will be a whirlwind of activity getting ready to leave. Our ticket reservations are for June 25th. We will be getting picked up at 11:30 for a Dulles departure at 5:20. I know, I was being a bit paranoid, but I just can't stress myself out by getting there too late for whatever dumb reason would pop up. The biggest thing is getting on the plane on time. After that, we will buy or borrow whatever we need from wherever or whomever we can.

Are we really doing this?!

As we prepare to leave, we are cramming in as many visits with friends and family as we can. My mom left today after a long visit, and I was more sad to see her go than usual. I am USUALLY sad to see her go, but this time even more so. I know that this is going to be a great opportunity and a great adventure, but the closer it gets, the sadder I get.

But I am still enjoying life! Tomorrow I am taking Livvy (and ONLY Livvy) to Busch Gardens as a reward for getting potty trained (FINALLY), and I am going to go back in a couple of days to take Griffin (as his reward, even though he was trained much sooner) and Alex (because Griffy WANTS Alex to come along with him on his special day). And that will be fun for all of us (except Dave and Lilly, of course). Thank you, hubby.  :-)

These next 24 days are going to be busy, but I am going to try to enjoy my last couple of weeks in these beautiful States as much as possible.

Do you think the fireflies (aka lightning bugs) will come out before we leave?

No comments:

Post a Comment