Friday, June 23, 2017

Admin and a small blessing

Okay, so here's the admin:

I'm not going to always post to Facebook when I write a new blog. So if you're tracking these on FB and you want to continue tracking, you can: 1) Follow me on Google + since I'm using Google's Blogger, 2) Download the Blogger app or 3) download some other RSS reader (such as Feedly, which is what I use to follow blogs that I follow). That's it. Easy enough, right? Of course, when we do something particularly interesting, I will most likely add a post to Facebook, but that might not be for a while after this. We fly out Sunday (can't believe it's actually here), and it will probably take a little while for me to get brave enough with public transportation to bring the whole family along. We'll see.

Here's a small blessing:

Normally I am quite a stickler for the kids' bedtime, but we have been running out of time so quickly that the past couple of weeks, I have not. Last night they went swimming in a pool starting at around 8:30 at night. A little while later, Dave called to tell me that Alex had a tick in his head. I hate those freaking things. (Who doesn't?) I know too many people with Lyme disease and I really do NOT want to see my kids with it. I pray about it specifically. So Dave packed up the kids from the pool (with Grandma, of course!) and brought them back over. I never got a tick out so easily. It must have very recently burrowed and Alex was such a big boy about it. We probably wouldn't have seen it for another 20 hours if the kids hadn't gone swimming. Thank God, that went very well.

Please pray for us on Sunday and Monday! Germany is 6 hours ahead of the East Coast, in case you didn't already know that. Here's a page I particularly like: https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gm.html

Auf Wiedersehen!

2 comments: