Thursday, June 1, 2017

Germany, here we come! (Or do we?)

As everyone knows, I have gotten an assignment for 25 months in Wiesbaden, Germany. I am still waiting for orders and am starting to wonder how much longer they will be. I am getting antsy since I have been asked to report for work on June 26th.  That is only 12 weeks away, and there is so much to do!  

I am hoping that we will fly out of here on June 19, 2017.  And let me tell you what: I am certain that this is going to be a great opportunity for me and the family, and I'm as certain as I can be that it is in God's will, but we are going to miss you SOOOO much while we are gone.  Two years is a long time to be away, and I recognize that and the sacrifice that everyone else is making because we decided to accept this position.  The kids will miss all of their grandparents and their aunts and uncles (even the non-biological type), our friends who are really family, and the comforts of knowing you're only a short (relatively) car drive away.  Dave and I will miss you, too.

But I hope that you will come visit us!  We're hoping and planning to get a house big enough to accommodate guests.  And although I won't be able to take a lot of time off of work while I'm there, I'll be able to enjoy the weekends like normal and take some days here and there.  So come visit!  Let's go to Berlin.  Or Paris.  Or Venice.  Or the Alps.  Or anywhere you would like!  I'm hoping to see as much of Europe as is reasonably possible with 4 little kids in tow.  We can do it!

Please pray for us while we prepare for and implement this HUGE transition.  It will have its rewards, but it is going to be difficult.  I know that and am praying about it myself continually.  And thank you so much for your support.  I know it isn't easy for you to say goodbye to us for two years, but I am grateful for all of you and I love you very much.  It will go by quickly and we'll be home in no time.

In the meantime, I promise to update this blog frequently and to Skype regularly with anyone who wants to.  I'll take tons of pictures so stay tuned!

Germany, HERE WE COME!! (I think!)

No comments:

Post a Comment