Saturday, September 29, 2018

Reunited!

I'm so excited that Melissa is here and that we're going to Disneyland Paris tomorrow!

Melissa is my long-time friend from high school. We have never, as far as I can recall, had a break in our friendship. She and her mom put up with me many, many weekends in high school. I worked with them at the Clearfield drive-in sometimes in the summer. I remember being so tired (that's my excuse) that I asked a man what he wanted on his pepperoni pizza. Of course he looked at me like I was an idiot, but then he said "pepperoni" for my benefit.  As I walked away, I realized why I got that look from him. Lol. So embarrassing!

I was in her wedding ~twenty years ago! Her husband (before they were married) and I used to stay up late together and watch movies and listen to or talk about music. Melissa and her family (including her mom!) probably have no idea how important they were to me back then, and what a special place in my heart they occupy today because of it. But the thing is, I haven't really hung out with them much since joining the Navy. We've kept in touch, but only probably averaged about once a year or less of actual visits. It's a busy world! And of course, every time I see them, it's like we were never apart. I'm so excited to have her all to myself (with 5 other people, of course) for two weeks!!

Tomorrow we are planning to leave at 0500 and go to Disneyland. I hope it's going to go fine. Thursday until now two of the kids (Alex and Lilly) were quite sick with a fever and nausea. I REALLY hope and pray that Griffin and Livvy don't get it. Seeing them sick in Disneyland would make me so sad! But time will tell!!

Today, of course, I took Melissa to Frankfurt. It was really rainy and then on the way home, we drove through a giant storm. Glad we didn't get stuck outside in that! It was a pretty nice day though, visiting the cathedral and going to the Goethe House. Those are two great places to visit, especially if you don't have a lot of time in Frankfurt.

Right now, I'm sitting at home with Lilly watching Blippi. This house is a pretty big fan of the silly man. I think right now Lilly calls him Utchi. (Or Ew-chi.) She sings his and Nicky Notes' songs, and it's pretty cute. Right now, she's dancing because he is. She's so little and cute. I certainly have a lot to be thankful for.

A nice breakfast at the Schirn Cafe
Inside the Frankfurt Cathedral
Part of the story of Christ inside the cathedral
Inside the Goethe house.  Looks like someone had an obsession with bundt cakes.
Window box.  I love the warped glass.
Wallpaper inside the Goethe house.  This reminded me a little bit of some
patterns I saw in Hemingway's house in the FL Keys.

No comments:

Post a Comment