Sunday, October 1, 2017

Jaffa Port Call

The amazing thing about Jaffa (Yafo, in Israel) was the juxtaposition of ancient to modern. Jaffa is the port where Jonah left in order to run away from God. It was his last point of land before getting swallowed by a big fish. It was so interesting and I got so many pictures that in order to share, I had to create a collage for inside this blog. We walked around Jaffa that first evening after work, and it is quite incredible. I'm so thankful I got to see it.

I visited St. Peter's Church in Jaffa, and as I entered, the congregants sang "Alleluia," and I joined in quietly. That was touching for me. It was a beautiful church, but I didn't take any pictures inside because they were actually worshiping. The outside was also amazing. The location was amazing, too.

This post is mostly about sharing photos. If you have a chance to get to Israel, Jaffa would be worth a visit.

Port of Jaffa
Collage of the city of Jaffa
Door at the port of Jaffa
Window at the port of Jaffa
Port of Jaffa from high up
St Peter's Church in Jaffa
Structure in Jaffa
View of Tel Aviv from Port of Jaffa

2 comments:

  1. We missed Jaffa when we were there...I didn't realize the connection between there and Jonah.

    ReplyDelete