Monday, August 20, 2018

Bavaria is beautiful

Bavaria is beautiful, and it reminds me of Pennsylvania.

I'm in a different hotel this week because my regular one was booked. I'm a bit far from Grafenwohr Training Area, but in a way, the change in hotel is a bit of a blessing. I have such a lovely drive from the hotel to work and back. I'm only here for three nights because I'm cutting my trip short since my friends are coming. But on the way back to the hotel from work tonight, I stopped and did a very short hike.

It's actually 91° outside right now (at 8 p.m.), and I wasn't carrying water, so I kept my little walk very short. But it was nice! And we're all coming back to Bavaria in October with one of my friends, and I can't wait! It's going to be be so beautiful in the fall. In fact, David and I were in Garmisch in the fall in 2007, and we just loved it so much. I think it's my favorite place in Germany.

Of course, I can't legitimately have a favorite place here. I haven't explored very much of it (not like I have the United States), but of all the places I've been, I think Garmisch is my favorite. Overall, Bavaria is friendlier, prettier, slower, and easier than where I live now. Reminds me of Pennsylvania!
Today was a beautiful day!

... I'm home now, and I think, if I'm not too much of a chicken, I'm going to get a different hotel each time I go to Bavaria from now on. Except if there's going to be snow, I'll just do what's familiar. But I enjoyed myself so much with the newness of the hotel and being even more in the country, I'm thinking I should do it again and again.

Do you think it's a good idea, or do you think I'm crazy?













3 comments:

  1. Definitely get different hotels so you can explore more! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I'm NOT crazy, then! (Either that, or you're crazy like me!) Lol.

      Delete