Thursday, July 4, 2019

Feeling grateful

I'm sitting in the hotel room today, and I'm feeling so grateful.

As a reward for their extremely hard work the other day when we moved out, we got the kids toys at the PX today. They are playing together with them very nicely. It is fun to watch, and I'm happy to be sitting in this nicely air-conditioned room while it's 91 degrees outside, and heading for 101 degrees tomorrow.

David is going out tonight with our friend Ken. They will go to the Schlachthof and listen to some heavy metal. That is great because the Schlachthof (and Ken) will be very missed by David after we leave.

... It's Monday, now, and I just finished the van inspection and it passed. That was the last high-stress activity we had until the day we fly away. Yay for that! Now what to do with the upcoming weekend? It's hard to decide because of all the choices. Should we take the train to Luxembourg? Should we go to the schwimmbad that is within walking distance from the post? Should I take Lilly on her special day to get her the Steiff? I haven't decided, but I'm going into town on Wednesday, and I think I'll stop by the train station to ask about tickets to Luxembourg. I'm on the fence because we've been working so hard lately, and honestly, travel is kind of hard work!

... It's the Fourth of July now and we're all settled in for the night. The Army post put together a really great celebration, which I'm particularly grateful for because the Friendship Fest had been canceled because of the Berlin Airlift celebration, which I didn't get to attend because we were working on moving. (If that makes any sense.)

Anyhow, we had quite a nice day today. We got to play some games and eat some German festival food. The kids spent some time in a bounce house, and Alex was inside a ball for a while. We also got to see some Star Wars people, and they gave out pirate flags and ping pong paddles to the kids. They're putting off fireworks tonight, but not until 11:15, so I'll probably be sleeping through them.

Tomorrow marks two weeks! I'm so excited to put my arms around the necks of the people I love!







No comments:

Post a Comment