Sunday, March 24, 2019

Cochem and the goings on

Since October, we've had 20 diagnosed cases of strep infections of one sort or another in our family. That's not including ear infections, dental work, or common viral infections. I know it's 20 exactly because every time we go to the doctor, I have to pay the bill, fill out an insurance claim, and track it closely to make sure that I get paid, and get paid correctly.

But that's not the news!

The news is that I got my orders and we've reserved our plane tickets to come home! Woo hoo! The paperwork burden to get everybody moved is extremely high. I can't believe that Soldiers do it every three years. It certainly makes me appreciate them more.

We've sort of been in survival mode during this gray, rainy winter of sickness. But this is one of the first nice weekends coming up, and I feel like we're starting to get into "hope" mode. That's a better place to be! I'm in hope mode because I am really looking forward to some of my planned trips (God willing), and the rest of the family is really looking forward to Waynesboro (and to speaking English again, if you're Griffin!). I know my family back home is really looking forward to our return. Thank goodness they are!

Work at USAREUR has been fabulous, and I'm really enjoying my current project, but I'm also looking forward to going back to acquisition work. It's interesting in it's own way.

I don't think it's too early to look back, and I can honestly say that I'd do it all over again if I knew then what I know now. It has been a really great experience. Very, very challenging sometimes. Yet certainly worth it.

Yesterday we took a little day trip to a town called Cochem. Very cute. We visited a little mustard museum (really a store) and had some delicious mustard and wurstchen. Then we walked up to the castle there, although we didn't take the tour since Lilly was just not in the mood. It was a great walk and worth the trip, though. The views of the town and the river were great.








4 comments:

  1. What a cute town! Yay!!! I am excited for you getting to wrap things up soon, but having a bit more time to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to have you all home!

    ReplyDelete