Saturday, November 3, 2018

Oktober!

I'm a bit behind on posting this, but since I already wrote it...

October has been such a difficult month for us. Shortly after David got back from the hospital, he had a flare-up of gout that ended up landing in his feet. Gout is extremely painful, like, unbelievably painful, so David literally didn't walk for a week, if not more. When your partner doesn't walk and you're part of a family of six, that leaves you with a lot of work.

I've been working non-stop since about September 24th when we first got sick. It's been more difficult with David home and in pain than when he was in the hospital. I have to take care of him and the kids, and try to mediate since he is irritable because of his pain. Thankfully, just Monday, he finally went to the doctor and got some medicine. He started walking again that evening because the medicine was controlling the pain so well. Why didn't he go sooner?!?! I'm just saying.

The good news is that Lilly is sleeping in her bed, and Livvy is loving her "new" bed, too! The first night, Lilly yelled for an hour, "I don't want this!" Then for the next hour, she yelled, "I don't want this EVER!" But the next night, she only said it for twenty minutes. Then the third night, she said it once, and not very emphatically. On the fourth night, she walked into her bedroom like a big girl and got into bed by herself without being told. I'm thrilled! I haven't gotten a solid night of sleep yet, because she wakes up if her covers fall off of her and calls me to put them back on her. That little girl in that big twin-sized bed is so cute! And I don't mind being woken up because I'm sleeping much better now that she's not on my arm. Sometimes I even wake up refreshed! Hallelujah!

Today we are going to two different trunk or treat events on post. It's a pleasant day. A little chilly, fall foliage, heavy clouds. It's nice to be out and about and enjoying October, really for the first time all month! Monday morning, I am going away for the work week. I'm hoping to be able to come home on Wednesday for trick or treating. We'll see. This is the time I start to get so excited for Christmas. Only 59 more days! But for now,

Happy Halloween, everyone!


You see a little copycat?


Panna cotta is one of my all-time favorite desserts. I think these were johannisbeeren. It was delicious!

Where I stayed while TDY.  I drove home on Halloween to trick or treat with the kids.

SO MANY doctor visits in October. It was awful!

But by this time, they were all better. Thank God!

4 comments:

  1. Glad you’re all back to full strength- cute costumes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! (And all store-bought, but that's okay!)

      Delete
  2. Poor David... glad everyone is feeling better, love the pics of the kids!

    ReplyDelete