Sunday, December 16, 2018

Schneeballen!!

Remember my last post where I was so at peace and thankful to my husband for the time to visit the Christmas market alone? That peace didn't last very long, and David and I got into a huge fight the following Thursday. I was SOOO mad at him for the way he treated me. And he was SOOO mad at me for the way I treated him.

Life works that way sometimes, doesn't it?

We're on the mend now, and we're all on our way to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to visit the Christmas market and hopefully get a moment with the one and only Santa Claus!

Rothenburg is one of the the prettiest cities in Germany. We visited it once and walked around a bit in the summer. You can walk the wall and visit churches. Today I am excited to see it decorated for Christmas and to visit Kathe Wohlfahrt. I will get myself a quintessentially German Christmas ornament there. I'm hoping to get a mug too, but we'll see.

...Ha! The best-laid plans, right? We saw Santa walking, but he looked fairly haggard, so we didn't follow him. We got candy and schneeballen (tasted kind of like a funnel cake only crunchier and not as sweet), but I didn't get an ornament because the kids were just not in a mood to let me shop. Livvy was too cold. I really had her dressed well. She wore some long johns and I even brought some hand warmers for inside their mittens. However, Livvy wouldn't use the hand warmers, and her hands and feet were freezing.  I didn't want to push it with frostbite, so we were only there for about an hour and a half before going home.

It's okay. We may go back when the weather is nice, and Kathe is open all year. We made it back to Wiesbaden, and we're checking out the new Chinese restaurant on post... For the second night in a row! It is just so convenient and easy to pay with a Visa and order in English! And tomorrow is grocery store day. And perhaps another Christmas market, if I can convince David again for two days in a row?!

Such a sweetie!
Alex read to me at school.


The five in Rothenburg. Such a cute town!
Griffin and Livvy playing Mom and Dad with their baby.



No comments:

Post a Comment