Thursday, May 3, 2018

Just feeling blessed

I'm sitting here on a Friday morning, just having finished reading the Bible and one devotion. I accidentally woke up this morning at 4:45, which turned out to be a good thing because I had forgotten to turn on my alarms last night. Even better, because of accidentally waking up too early, I had time to read, and now I'm just sitting peacefully and listening to the birds.

The weather is incredible this week. It's supposed to be absolutely beautiful this weekend, and that makes me want to go out and do something or see something. But I had such an enjoyable day last Sunday. That good day is still carrying me through this week, which is a good thing because it's been a bit tough as we adjust to getting Griffin and Livvy to preschool in the mornings. By we, I mean me, since I have taken it upon myself to take all three of the big kids to school so that Daddy and Lilly can stay asleep.

... And just like that, it's Monday. I'm still feeling so blessed. This weekend the weather was so nice, and again, the weekend was relaxing, peaceful, and enjoyable.

... And just like that... Has it been another week already?! I'm so excited because I'm picking a friend up at the airport in two days. We're going to go to Prague together at the end of the week. Prague! It was never even on my list before she suggested it. I'm going to get my first vacation sans children in a long time (since 2016, I think, when I took my niece on a trip to the Everglades and Key West). I'm really looking forward to it and looking forward to hanging out with a friend for a while. I miss friends!!

When we get back from Prague, I'll be taking my friend to the airport. Then I'll have Dave and the kids take me to post where I have a government car waiting for me so that I can drive to Bavaria for work for the week. As soon as I get back, we're all going to Italy! As soon as I get back from that, my in-laws are coming for a visit (and just so you know, they aren't the typical in-laws to be dreaded. I am so excited to see them)! And the day I take them to the airport, I'm picking up my sister!
SO much to look forward to!

...And just like that, I'm in Bavaria. 

Prague was amazing. I'll have to write a separate post about it.

2 comments:

  1. The drop off routine struggle is REAL! I hope you’ve started to settle into a good routine by now ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is!

    And how annoying is it when you realize that half of your blog entry disappeared?! I guess you get what you pay for!

    ReplyDelete