Tuesday, April 24, 2018

A weekend in The Netherlands

Today is April 7, 2018. It is 1500 and 67 degrees outside. I am waiting in the car with Livvy, Griffin, and Lilly while Alex and David go get Popeyes at the post exchange. It's going to be a picnic lunch and then some time at the playground while David gets the groceries.

It was going to be a trip to a castle, but Lilly has been wreaking havoc on me and I'm quite tired. She's so close to being in her crib, maybe because I am close to having her there!

This is going to be a great year, God willing. (I really hope He does!) I'm excited about the Netherlands this month, and about all the wonderful company I'm having this year. So many people have already bought their plane tickets and that's wonderful! I'm excited about starting up my business, too. I read something on Facebook that one of the members on the team wrote. "Sales is a great profession to be in." I never expected this of myself, but I agree! It's good for me because I like talking to people. I enjoy the random stranger and getting their story. I haven't done a whole lot of that yet since I've been away so much recently, but I intend to! It's good for me because I also like a challenge. I'm not normally an in-your-face type of person. Well, am I? Maybe about Jesus sometimes, but that's usually about it. (I hope!)

I don't know, though. I'm thinking this is going to be quite a year for us. In a good way. We'll see I guess!

Just like that, it is April 24, 2018. The Netherlands was awesome! We stayed in a cute house in the northern part.  We didn't go to Amsterdam.  It took us 7 hours to get to where we were going, and the next day, we were all pretty pooped.  So we took it easy.  Saw some tulips. Saw a couple of windmills, but didn't go to the main place, and that was okay with me.  Sometimes, you just need to take it easy.  And that's what we did.

We had BEAUTIFUL weather while we were there. What a blessing!








2 comments: